Popcorn Chipwiches Make a Yummy Party Treat
Photo courtesy of The Popcorn Board
Summer is the perfect season for ice cream, although we love it all year, too. If you are looking for the perfect party treat, try these Popcorn Chipwiches. The sweet confectionery popcorn mixture combined with the ice cream, makes it a decadent dessert all ages will love.
2 1/2 quarts popped popcorn
1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 cup butter
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 6-ounce package chocolate pieces
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 pints brick-style vanilla ice cream.
- Keep popcorn warm. In a three-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vinegar and salt.
- Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Continue to cook until hard ball stage (250 degrees Fahrenheit on candy thermometer).
- Pour syrup over popped popcorn; stir to coat.
- Add chocolate pieces and nuts; stir just to mix.
- Pour into two 13 x 9 x 2 inch pans, spreading and packing firmly.
- In each pan, cut 12 rectangles.
- Cut each pint of ice cream into 6 slices.
- Sandwich ice cream between two popcorn rectangles.
For more simple and tasty popcorn recipes, visit popcorn.org.