Tips for Keeping Teens Safe Online
The Mayo Clinic offers these suggestions for parents of teens who are concerned about cyber safety for their children:
* Get to know the technology your teen is using and the websites he or she visits.
* Keep the computer in a common area in your home.
* Remind your teen to practice these basic safety rules:
1. Don’t share personal information online.
2. Don’t share passwords.
3. Don’t get together with someone you meet online.
4. Don’t use texts or other tools to gossip, bully or damage someone’s reputation.
5. Don’t text or chat on the phone while driving.
6. Talk to a parent or trusted adult if an interaction or message makes you uncomfortable.