Three New Exhibits Coming to Greensboro Children’s Museum
There’s major expansion underway at the Greensboro Children’s Museum with the addition of three new exhibits:
1. Outdoor play plaza
- Two Neptune XXL Climbers, 30 feet tall and capable of holding 200 children each
- The only two side-by-side Neptune XXL Climbers connected by a suspended net tunnel in the world
2. Indoor winding river water feature:
- The winding water feature includes 10 experiential learning stations for toddlers up to teens
3. A kid-friendly technology center:
- Robotics and coding exhibits
The expansion will occur in two phases. Phase one is currently under construction and is scheduled to open spring 2017. Phase one includes the Outdoor Play Plaza with the Neptune Climbers, the complete renovation of the museum lobby, a new entry plaza on Church Street, and an outdoor patio classroom at the back of the museum. Phase two will include the addition of the indoor winding river water feature and kid-friendly technology center. Phase two construction will begin in 2017.
The museum will remain open during the expansion, and staff members ask for your understanding as construction will occur during the coming months.
Visit http://www.gcmuseum.com/ for more information.