Halloween Candle Holders
These spooky candleholders are great addition to your Halloween decor.
* Tissue paper or crepe paper streamers in white (ghost), orange (pumpkin) or green (monster)
* Black construction paper, fun foam or felt for face details
* Mod Podge or white school glue and water
* Small-medium jars (baby food or Mason jars work well)
* Sponge brush
1. Cut or tear tissue paper/streamers into small pieces (1-2 inches).
2. If using glue instead of Mod Podge, mix a small amount glue with water in a cup or bowl.
3. Cover your work surface with several layers of newspaper. Then, using the sponge brush, coat the outside of the jar with the glue mixture. Place tissue or crepe paper in an overlapping pattern within small sections. Continue alternating the tissue and glue mixture until the jar is covered. Carefully apply a final coat of the glue mixture over all and wait for the jar to dry. (It is important to dab gently so you don't tear or wipe the paper away.)
4. Using the black paper, foam or felt, create faces for your pumpkin, ghost or monster. Once the jars are thoroughly dry, glue on your features.
5. Add a tea light — electric ones work well — and you are ready for Halloween!