Create a Mini Gratitude Journal
November is such a fun month for creating projects that celebrate gratitude and thankfulness. With the closing of the harvest season and the sharing of Thanksgiving, here is a great way to get kids in on the action with a mini gratitude journal.
To make these you will need the following materials and supplies:
* Mini composition books (from the dollar store)
* Watercolor paper and watercolors
* Sharpie marker
* Googly eyes, button and yarn (optional)
1. The first step is to create a thumbprint turkey. To do this, rub your thumb in wet watercolor paint and press it onto the paper. When it is dry, add the legs and feathers with a black Sharpie marker (the permanent marker will keep watercolor painting from smudging your lines), then add color with the paints. Let your painting dry.
2. Next, cut the turkey out and glue it to the top of the composition book. You can glue paper underneath it first if you want to add that step to cover the book design. Then glue on your detail pieces for eyes and such, or draw them with the Sharpie.
3. Now the journal is ready to fill with all of the things that make us thankful.
Provided by North Carolina artist Laura Kelly, creator of Laura Kelly Designs. Find more of her crafts at laurakellydesigns.com/cms/Videos.php.