Craft Corner: Tie-Dyed Coffee Filter Garland
This festive garland is really simple and fun to make using coffee filters and tie-dye (we used Tulip One Step Kits from I Love to Create). This is a great project to do with extra dye after you have created a T-shirt or a larger project.
1. Get the filters wet and spread them out in the grass.
2. Add the dye from the bottles in the kit, keeping in mind that a little goes a long way.
3. Let the filters dry completely before cutting them into triangles.
4. Staple the triangles onto ribbon or rope, folding over the tops if you like.
5. Hang this decorative garland on a fence, between trees or indoors on the mantel.
You can cut out small triangle pennants, too, and make mini-garlands for dolls and stuffed animals. Another fun idea is to bunch them up and make flowers.
Provided by North Carolina artist Laura Kelly, creator of Laura Kelly Designs. Find more of her crafts at laurakellydesigns.com/cms/Videos.php.