Cool Off at These Pools and Splash Pads in Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point
Stay cool this summer at these Triad spots
1333 Overbrook Road, Burlington
The Burlington Recreation and Parks Department has three public swimming pools. The David L. Maynard Sr. Aquatic Center, 1402 Overbrook Road, is a 300,000-gallon year-round aquatic center with six 25-yard competition lanes, a toddler pool with a frog slide and a zero-entry ramp. The MAC also operates an outdoor facility mid-May through Labor Day weekend. A 114-by-202-foot bubble encloses the aquatic center during fall and winter, allowing swimming to take place year-round. Call 336-222-5043.
Splash Park, next to the MAC, has more than 30 features. It has a garden theme with brightly colored hoses, dump buckets, sprayers and sprinklers. 2017 opening date is TBD.
North Park Pool, adjacent to the Mayco Bigelow Center, is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Call 336-222-5092
Lexington City Swimming Pools
• Lexington Aquatic Park, 207 Forest Rose Drive. Opens May 27, 2017.
• The Washington Park Splash Pad,100 Bookington Drive, Lexington, 336-224-5018
Veterans Memorial Park & Swimming Pool
20 Stadium Drive, Thomasville. 336-475-4210.
100 E. First St., Suite 407, Winston-Salem
The Winston-Salem Recreation and Parks Department operates eight swimming pools, two with water spray playgrounds, during the summer. (Call for season opening dates).
• Bolton/Water Spray Playground, 1590 Bolton St., 336-659-4318.
• Kimberley Park/Water Spray Playground, 620 Burton St., 336-727-2198
• Long Creek Pool, 5801 Bethania Tobaccoville Road, Bethania. 336-924-5226
• Mineral Springs Pool/Splash Pad, 4700 Ogburn Ave., 336-661-4990
• Parkland, 1660 Brewer Road, 336-650 -7688
• Polo Park, 1850 Polo Road, 336-659-4308
• Reynolds Park, 2450 Reynolds Park, 336-650-7645
• Sprague, 1350 Sprague St., 336-650-7681
1113 W. Mountain St., Kernersville
The Kernersville Community Pool and Water Park is behind the Kernersville YMCA and open to the public. For rates and times, call the YMCA for details. Pool opens May 28.
Tanglewood Park, 4201 Manor House Circle, Clemmons
Pool opens May 27.
501 Yanceyville St., Greensboro
The Greensboro Parks and Recreation Department operates two year-round indoor pools at Smith High School and Smith Senior Center, as well as four seasonal outdoor pools and two spray grounds. Pools have varying hours and fees; please check website for details.
• Smith Senior Center Pool (55 and older), 2401 Fairview St., 336-375-2234
• Smith High School Pool, 2407 S. Holden Road, 336-297-5042
Seasonal Outdoor Pools (Open Memorial Day weekend through mid-August)
- Bur-Mil Family Aquatic Center, 5834 Owl’s Roost Road, 336-373-3800. Opens May 27.
- Hagan-Stone Park Aquatic Center, 5920 Hagan-Stone Park, Pleasant Garden, 336-674-5943. Opens May 27.
• Lindley Pool, 2914 Springwood Drive, 336-299-3226
• Peeler Pool, 1300 Sykes Ave., 336-373-5811
• Warnesville Pool, 601 Doak St., 336-373-5809
- Windsor Pool, 1601 E. Lee St., 336-373-5846
• Barber Park, 1500 Dans Road, 336-373-5892
• Keeley Park, 4100 Keeley Road, McLeansville, 336-373-4547
1921 W. Lee St., Greensboro
Open for public swimming daily except major holidays; use of the pool may be interrupted by the exclusive use of the GAC to host major meets; please check website for hours and schedules.
136 Northpoint Ave., High Point
High Point Parks and Recreation Department operates two swimming pools and one splash pad during the summer. Pools open on Memorial Day weekend and are open on weekends only until Guilford County Schools are out for the summer, then weekday operation is added; all pools close around mid-August.
• City Lake Park Pool & Waterslide, 602 W. Main St., Jamestown, 336-883-3501
• The Clarence Strickland Pool and Waterslide, Washington Terrace Park, 101 Gordon St., High Point, 336-883-8599
• Splash Pad, 401 Taylor Ave., High Point, 336-883-3504
3910 S. Holden Road. Greensboro
The City of Asheboro operates two public pools during the summer. Pool season runs Memorial Day weekend through mid-August.
• North Asheboro Swimming Pool, 1939 Canoy Drive, Asheboro, 336-672-1997
• Memorial Swimming Pool, 321 Lanier Ave., Asheboro, 336-625-2009