3 Italian bread rolls (pane)
Slices of your favorite cheese (mozzarella, parmigiano or fontina)
Favorite veggies (basil, tomatoes)
½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
1. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a skillet. On medium heat, scramble the eggs.
2. Slice the pane in half and assemble the sandwich in layers with the bread on the top and bottom. Use the pastry brush to apply the olive oil to the top and bottom of the pane roll. Add scrambled eggs last.
3. Heat both the small- and medium-sized sauce pans on medium heat and pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil into the medium-sized saucepan.
4. Wearing oven mitts, place the sandwich in the medium-sized saucepan and then place the bottom of the smaller pan on the top of the roll to heat the bread and squish it down.
Keep the smaller pan on top of the sandwich for 2 minutes and then use tongs to turn the sandwich over. Reapply the small sauce pan to the roll for 2 minutes.
5. Using the tongs, place the sandwich onto a plate.
Make your panini heartier by adding turkey or veggie bacon.
*Recipe reprinted with permission from The Handstand Kids Co.