Six 8- or 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
1 large apple
1 cup of applesauce
¼ cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dice the apple on the cutting board. Mix the diced apple with the applesauce and cinnamon in a medium bowl using a wooden spoon.
3. Use the pastry brush to lightly coat both sides of the tortillas with vegetable oil.
4. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the apple mixture in the center of each tortilla. Roll the tortillas to make a flute shape, then place them on the baking sheet.
5. Bake the tortillas for 20 minutes or until the tortillas become crispy. Then remove them from the heat and let them cool.
6. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of each warm taquito.
Add ½ cup of raisins to the apple mixture.
*Recipe reprinted with permission from The Handstand Kids Co.