7 Tips To Boost Health & Happiness Through Inspiration
Focus weekly on the beauty around you to boost your mood
Bring soothing samples of nature's beauty inside to boost happiness
Image provided by Shutterstock
Inspire: 1. To affect, guide, or arouse by divine influence. 2. To fill with enlivening or exalting emotion.
Drink in the inspiration that surrounds you in nature, art, tender moments with humans and animals, or beautiful music.
Melanie came to me because she was dissatisfied with the way her life had turned out so far. She felt restless and stuck.
I had Melanie create a vision board of 30 pictures that brought her happiness. 10 of the pictures she had to take herself and the rest came from magazines or the Internet. The exercise woke up her creative side and shifted her perspective. She now looks at her life as an adventure instead of a chore.
7 Tips to Boost Health & Happiness Through What You See & Hear
1. Take a walk in nature and observe the colors that surround you. Try to find as many different shades of green as possible. As you look at the different greens, feel the loving vibration that green gives off and draw that love to you. Notice how the wind seems to make things dance.
2. Bring outside beauty inside. Have fresh cut flowers or things you collect in nature around your home and office. Spend 2 or 3 minutes looking at the color and shape of the flowers or items and notice how it lifts your mood.
3. Look at beautiful pictures. An hour a week spent looking at art that inspires you is time well spent. Maybe you enjoy a beautiful landscape or garden, or maybe you are energized by the color and depth of modern art. Whatever it is, make time for it in your week.
4. Watch uplifting movies. Movies that touch your heart, or movies that offer you a different perspective, or even movies that make you laugh. They all have the power to open your heart so inspiration can flood in.
5. Listen to the vibration of what you hear. Maybe jazz delights you, or classical music tickles your senses, or motivational speakers excite you. These all have an uplifting vibration. Bombarding your mind with bad news, jarring sounds and angry words are not in sync with your intention of living happier and healthier.
6. Connect with the inspirational stories of others. Read or listen to stories of amazing people who have done amazing things to feed your mind with possibility. They are just like you; the only difference is they opened themselves up to following their inspiration. Ride their coattails toward your own joy.
7. Create a vision board of things that inspire you. If you’re not sure what inspires you, this is a great way to find out! Look at images, words and inspiring quotes, and choose which ones speak to your unique journey and desires. Post your vision board in a prominent place and spend 10 minutes a day focused on absorbing the feelings of energy and excitement of these images.
Here’s a handy guide for you to cut out and use as a reminder.
Donna Burick, a member of our 2016 Fit Family Challenge Panel of Experts, is a certified Holistic Life Coach Energy Therapist specialized in Body Talk™. With coaching and energy therapy, Burick guides her clients through the stress and chaos that comes with being a parent, creating solutions to help them find peace, clarity and happiness in their lives. For more information, please visit donnaburick.com or call 336-540-0088.