5 Ways to Protect Your Family From Mosquitos
Mosquito season is well underway and will continue well into October. That's why this week is National Mosquito Control Awareness Week. To help you win the battle against these blood-sucking disease carriers, here are some recommendations from Matt Brill, owner of Mr. Mister Mosquito Control:
- Before heading out, use a plant based bug spray.
- Eliminate standing water, as mosquito larvae can exist in as little as two tablespoons of standing water. And remember, children's toys are the leading culprits when it comes to standing water — sand pails, water tables, upside down Frisbees.
- Stock ornamental ponds with guppies, koi, or goldfish. Most healthy, hungry fish will eliminate the majority of mosquito larvae from ponds.
- Remove decaying foliage from ground.
- Use fans in living areas that are without a natural breeze or air movement.
About Mr. Mister Mosquito Control
Mr. Mister Mosquito Control offers ClearZone Misting treatments and Automated Misting Systems for complete protection and control. As a resource, mrmr.biz outlines mosquito solutions to fit families' outdoor lifestyles. The company donates life-saving mosquito nets through Nothing But Nets to help combat the epidemic of malaria and other mosquito-borne illnesses as well as funds heartworm medication for orphaned Golden Retrievers through Adopt a Golden Atlanta.