27 Things to Do This Weekend in the Triad (April 7-9)
Photo by Muskoka Stock Photos/Shutterstock
Friday, April 7
1. Pete’s Dragon | Kernersville
Join us for a free, family-friendly film with free popcorn and drinks while supplies last.
2. Tween Cooking Class: A Taste of El Salvador | Greensboro
For ages 9-11. We'll visit El Salvador in this international cooking class and learn how to make traditional pupusas- a thick handmade corn tortilla stuffed with cheese or refried beans.
3. Glow in the Dark Easter Egg Hunt | Burlington
For ages 6-8.
4. Wet and Wild Amphibian Night Walk | High Point
For ages 10+. Along the trails of the South Preserve, the group will investigate three "soggy bottom" habitats to look, listen and feel for frogs, toads and salamanders.
5. Easter Egg Hunt Hayrides at Tanglewood Park | Clemmons
Enjoy a scenic tractor-drawn hay ride through Tanglewood Park on your way to the Easter Egg Hunt Field.
Saturday, April 8
6. Pancake Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt | Kernersville
All-you-can-eat with pancakes and sausage followed by an Easter egg hunt for the kids as well as a bake sale.
7. Breakfast With the Bunny | Burlington
Event includes breakfast, arts and crafts, and face painting.
8. Saturday Morning Cartoons | Winston-Salem
Enjoy animated shorts. For children ages 8 and up.
9. The Prop Shop Pop-Up | Winston-Salem
Join Kaleideum for a pop-up maker activity from The Prop Shop.
10. Children’s Easter Celebration and Egg Hunt | Kernersville
Egg hunt begins at 11 a.m.
11. Easter Egg Hunt at High Point City Lake Park | Jamestown
Amusement rides free for all children before and after each hunt time. The egg hunts are designed for ages 2-10, but the fun and festivities are open to all youth.
12. Easter Eggstravaganza | Asheboro
More than 7,500 candy-filled eggs, including hundreds of prize eggs, will be hidden throughout North Asheboro Park.
13. Inside the Hive | High Point
Join us as we take a look inside the hive at PEC to view the colony and discuss the life cycle and behaviors of honey bees.
14. McLaurin Farms Third Annual Easter Egg Hunt | Greensboro
For children from 1 through 10 years of age. There will be no charge for the Easter Egg Hunt, games and contests. However, there will also be inflatable bounce house, slide, pony rides, face painting, glitter tattoos and light refreshments at a minimal charge.
15. Spring Fling & Egg Hunt | Greensboro
Candy Land-themed Spring Fling and Egg Hunt. The egg hunts take place at 11 a.m. and also at noon. There will be a bounce house, an obstacle course, DJ, prizes, games and maybe even the Easter Bunny.
16. Easter Takes Flight | Winston-Salem
Join the City of Winston-Salem Recreation & Parks Department for our annual Easter Egg Hunt! Be sure to bring your kites to the park and enjoy a day of high flying fun with kites, birds and more.
17. Easter Bunny Express | Spencer
The Easter Bunny Express is a 25-min train ride around the museum site with the Easter Bunny along for the fun. Our furry friend will be handing out candy, posing for pictures, and meeting everyone.
18. The Egg Splash Aqua Egg Hunt | Burlington
For ages 0-14. Burlington Recreation & Parks invites you to grab your Easter Basket and head to the Aquatic Center for the annual Egg Splash Aqua Egg Hunt.
19. Haw River State Park Spring Festival | Greensboro
Events include an Easter egg hunt for ages 1 to 12 years old (don’t forget your baskets), nature crafts, face painting, tree climbing and live animals courtesy of Greensboro Parks & Recreation’s ECO Bus.
20. Super Space Day | Winston-Salem
We’ll uncover some of the mysteries of the universe with planetarium shows, presentations, demos, and crafts.
21. Creekside Easter Egg Hunt | Archdale
Play games, take pictures with the Easter Bunny and win prizes.
22. Easter Egg-Stravaganza | Greensboro
Easter egg hunt, children’s carnival with inflatables, pony rides, petting zoo, fire truck, balloon fun, candy, goodies and more!
23. Burke Street Food Truck Festival | Winston-Salem
Enjoy art vendors, live music featuring local musicians, children’s area, and more.
24. Thomasville Annual Egg Hunt
For toddlers through the fifth grade.
25. Stargazing | Winston-Salem
Join the Planetarium staff and Forsyth Astronomical Society for a FREE astronomy observation in the Kaleideum North parking lot using professional telescopes.
Sunday, April 9
26. Book Art Makerspace | Greensboro
Create art, jewelry, bookmarks, journals, and all things bookish for National Library Week.
27. Peter and the Starcatcher | Greensboro
Greensboro Day School’s Upper School will present “Peter and the Starcatcher,” a prequel to the well-known children’s book, “Peter Pan.”