23 Things to Do This Weekend in the Triad (April 28-30)
Popovich Comedy Pet Theater is a unique family-friendly show featuring this legendary circus entertainer and his furry friends.
Photo courtesy of Popovich Comedy Pet Theater.
Friday, April 28
1. Eat Around the World for Kids | Kernersville
Sample foods from countries around the world. For ages 11 and under.
2. Community Fun Day | High Point
Bring the entire family for an afternoon of education, entertainment, food and games.
3. Popovich: Comedy Pet Theater | Greensboro
The most beloved family show in the world, featuring European-style circus extravaganza including physical comedy, juggling, acrobats from the Moscow Circus, highly intelligent dogs and even house cats!
4. Fly Away Fridays Movie Night By PTI, Moana | Greensboro
Join us for “Moana” at Fly Away Fridays Movie Night by PTI Piedmont Triad International Airport (GSO) in LeBauer Park!
5. Central Carolina Festival | Greensboro
Enjoy delicious carnival food, rides and more.
6. Peter Pan | Greensboro
Saturday, April 29
7. Great American Clean-Up | High Point
This is a trash pick-up project at several sites throughout the city and parks around the community.
8. Spring Fling: A Craft Thing | Greensboro
Food, arts, crafts and pony rides.
9. UNC-TV Kids Club Day at Kaleideum Downtown | Winston-Salem
Kids Club members receive free admission. Stop by the Kids Club Welcome Table to pick up stickers and take-home activity sheets. Say hello to UNC-TV’s Read-a-roo who will be here for hugs and kisses.
10. BCDI-G's Spring Fling: Celebration of Children | Greensboro
Activities will include bounce house, face painting, step shows, age-appropriate games, prizes and more.
11. Little Folks Festival | King
There will be a variety of fun activities for young children, indoor/outdoor activities, free food, free books, games and prizes.
12. Art-a-Palooza | High Point
Student music performances, local art vendors, food trucks, student drama performance, local talent to perform live music, puppet show for young friends, and a student art show.
13. IncrEDIBLE Plant Sale | Greensboro
There will be a variety of veggie, herb and flower starts for sale, and proceeds will benefit The Edible Schoolyard. Plus, lots of free kids activities and live music.
14. Community Day: Americans in Paris | Winston-Salem
Free community festival evoking a spring afternoon in the parks of Paris with hands-on activities, including a chance to “be the curator” of an ideal gallery or take home a Morse code souvenir.
15. Community Appreciation Day | Archdale
There will be free food and gifts while supplies last. Join us for music, a bounce house, face painting, K9 demonstration, impaired driving simulation, and more
16. YMCA Healthy Kids Day | Greensboro
Free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active, especially during the summer.
17. Stream Safari | Roaring Gap
A program on insects that live in our mountain streams.
18. Movie Night in the Village: Disney Moana | Clemmons
Bring your family and join your neighbors and friends for a movie under the stars.
19. The Symphony Strikes Back | Greensboro
Take an epic journey to a galaxy far, far away as Nate Beversluis and the Greensboro Symphony guide you through space and time.
Sunday, April 30
20. Groovin’ in the Garden | Greensboro
Live music, musical instrument “petting zoo” organized by the Music Academy of North Carolina, a seed-planting activity, hula-hooping, lawn games and food vendors.
21. Mutts in the Meadow | Winston-Salem
Friendly, leashed dogs of all sizes are invited to come to Old Salem for a fun afternoon with professional photo opportunities, vendors, and canine professionals.
22. Touch-a-Truck | Burlington
A fun-filled day of unique vehicles, fun activities, hot dogs, and more.
23. Sunday Jazz Picnic | Greensboro
Live music and lawn games