21 Things to Do This Weekend in the Triad (May 5-7)
Wheels on the Greenway will be held Sunday, May 7. The event is for all ages and all types of wheels including bikes, trikes, skateboards, scooters, roller blades and wheelchairs.
Photo by Nataliya Hora/Shutterstock
Want family-friendly weekend events delivered right to you inbox? Subscribe to our Weekend Planner.
Friday, May 5
1. Japanese Children’s Day | Greensboro
Celebrate Children’s Day in Japan with self-directed activities such as designing a paper Carp Kite, folding an origami paper doll, making a Samurai Helmet, and leaving a wish or poem on the Wish Tree outside.
2. Field Trip: Greensboro Grasshoppers
Story time in the stands.
3. Gallery Hop | Winston-Salem
Artist receptions, live music, dancing, entertainment and more.
4. First Friday Drum Circle | Greensboro
Join Drumming the Triad North Carolina on First Fridays from May-November for a Drum Circle.
5. Fly Away Fridays Movie Night By PTI, Rogue One
Saturday, May 6
6. Salamander Search | Pinnacle
Meet with a park ranger to learn the slimy lifestyle of salamanders that call Pilot Mountain State Park their home.
7. Cooking Demonstration: Strawberries in the 18th Century | High Point
Discover how the early Quaker settlers to the High Point area used and prepared this seasonal fruit.
8. Multicultural Festival | Lexington
Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of foreign lands, and offers a wonderful and educational outing for the entire family.
9. Princess Tea Party | High Point
For ages 3-10. Bring your little one dressed as her favorite fairy tale princess for a magical time full of surprises!
10. Tale of Despereaux | Greensboro
A free, family-friendly film.
11. Family Cooking Class: Afternoon Tea | Greensboro
You’ll learn to prepare a perfect cup of tea and delicious tea-infused recipes to share with your little one.
12. Mother-Daughter Tea and Crafts | Greensboro
Join us for an afternoon of refreshments and creative activities. Paint a fancy glass and make your own journal. Girls ages 11 -18, bring your Mom or special adult.
13. Box Turtle Connection | Danbury
Join a ranger for a short hike and learn about North Carolina's state reptile, the eastern box turtle.
14. Daddy Daughter Dance | High Point
For ages 4-12. This semi-formal event will include an evening of dancing, refreshments, drinks, and a photo of the couple.
15. Peter Pan | Greensboro
Based on J.M. Barrie’s classic tale.
16. Kernersville Spring Folly
Free musical concerts on two stages, carnival rides, children’s activities, craft show, antique car show, great festival food and shopping opportunities.
17. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast | High Point
The classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress.
Sunday, May 7
18. Spring Bird Hike | Pilot Mountain
Meet with a park ranger to explore the Pilot Creek Access to look for spring migrants and some of our residents.
19. Family First Workshop: Encoded Jewelry | Winston-Salem
Use Morse code’s dots and dashes to make beaded jewelry.
20. Wheels on the Greenway | Greensboro
Get your wheels ride ready for spring,
21. Greensboro Food Truck Festival
50 food trucks, live music, kids’ activities