16 Things to Do This Weekend in the Triad (Feb. 24-26)
Rockin’ Road to Dublin comes to the Carolina Theatre on Feb. 24. Starring World Champion Irish dancers Scott Doherty and Ashley Smith, the cast includes 14 dancers, eight musicians and two vocalists.
Photo courtesy of Rockin’ Road to Dublin
Friday, Feb. 24
1. Young Artist | High Point
A monthly art program for ages 8-12. We will study different artists and art styles and then create our own masterpieces.
2. Nocturnal Hike | Pinnacle
Meet with a Pilot Mountain State Park ranger at the start of the Jomeokee Trail to experience our most popular trail as the sun begins to go down and our nocturnal animals emerge.
3. Teen Cooking Class: Homemade, Hand-Rolled Pasta | Greensboro
For ages 12-15. Learn to make fresh pasta dough and create classic shapes by hand and machine.
4. Teen Anime Lovers | Greensboro
Watch an episode of Princess Jellyfish, TV-14, 25 minutes. Share your drawings, discuss favorite manga, etc.
5. Triad Stage Presents ‘Having Our Say’ | Winston-Salem
Bound together by more than 100 years of life, love and laughter, the Delaney sisters’ stories reflect an American century.
6. Rockin’ Road to Dublin | Greensboro
Enjoy the art of an Irish dance show, the power of a rock concert and the finish of a Broadway theatrical production.
7. The Jungle Book Kids | Greensboro
Specially adapted from the classic Disney animated film, the play features a host of colorful characters and your favorite songs from the movie
Saturday, Feb. 25
8. Bird Feeder Craft and Walk | Pinnacle
Join staff of Horne Creek Living Historical Farm and a park ranger to make a bird feeder in a fun craft for kids and all ages.
9. Triad Chill Polar Plunge | Greensboro
Take a wintry leap for a great cause.
10. Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss | High Point, Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Burlington
special story time featuring coloring, activities and more.
11. The LEGO Batman Movie Event | Greensboro, Burlington, Winston-Salem
Kids will be called to put their detective skills to the test with themed activities as well as make & play moments with LEGO bricks/blocks.
12. Bears, Beavers and Deer – Oh My! | Danbury
Meet a Hanging Rock State Park ranger at the Visitor Center to compare the furs and skulls of bears, beavers and deer.
13. Art and Jazz in the Afternoon | Greensboro
We will have cool jazz music playing while we create art to celebrate African American History Month.
Sunday, Feb. 26
14. Owls of Hanging Rock | Danbury
Join a Park Ranger at the Visitor Center Auditorium to learn more about our nighttime neighbors, owls.
15. Carnaval in Brazil | Greensboro
Discover the culture and traditions of this Brazilian holiday. Create a bejeweled mask and more.
16. The UNC Clef Hangers’ Greensboro Concert
Founded in 1977, The Clefs are Chapel Hill’s oldest all-male a Capella group.