15 Things to Do This Weekend in the Triad (June 9-11)
Photo courtesy of Sesame Workshop
Here’s our weekly roundup of fun things to do in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point and surrounding towns in the Piedmont Triad. Want family-friendly weekend events delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to our Weekend Planner.
Friday, June 9
1. Toddler Time | High Point
Social skills are incorporated with age appropriate, self-guided crafts with the assistance of a parent/guardian.
2. Big Bang Boom at Forsyth County Library Summer Reading Kick-off | Winston-Salem
There will also be performances from our talented array of children's librarians, arts and craft activities, and more.
3. Sesame Street Live: Make a New Friend | Greensboro
Elmo, Grover, Abby Cadabby, and their Sesame Street friends welcome Chamki, Grover’s friend from India, to Sesame Street.
4. Alice in Wonderland Jr. | Greensboro
Lewis Carroll’s famous heroine comes to life in a delightful adaptation of the classic Disney film.
5. Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery | Winston-Salem
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson navigate a dizzying web of clues, silly accents, disguises, and deceit as five actors deftly portray more than 40 characters.
Saturday, June 10
6. Fishing Derby | Pinnacle
Kids’ fishing derby at Pilot Mountain State Park
7. A Visit By Farm Animals | High Point
Local farmers from KW Homestead will bring piglets, ducks and a turkey for kids to pet and feed.
8. Blacksmith Demonstration | High Point
Come watch our costumed blacksmith in action as he crafts various iron pieces.
9. World Oceans Day | Greensboro
Ocean-inspired activities, including a stroller decorating contest with awesome prizes, DIY plarn (plastic yarn) bracelets, bottle cap critter and frenetic fish crafts, Octonauts coloring pages, temporary tattoos and much more.
10. 2nd Saturdays at SECCA | Winston-Salem
You’re invited to bring your families and make art inspired by our current exhibitions.
11. Pete’s Dragon | High Point
Enjoy a family-friendly film in the children's storyroom.
12. KidZPalooZa | Asheboro
Themed like an old-fashioned block party, KidZPalooZa is family-friendly and features music, dancing, professional face painting, bubble machines, games galore, slip & slides, water activities, educational programs, crafts, door prizes, and more.
13. Try it Outdoors Day | Whitsett
Try a short hike, trick your hiking stick, go on a nature scavenger hunt, learn about geocaching, play corn hole or horseshoes, learn to tie knots, and even take a short kayak trip around the cove (kayaking for ages 13 and up)!
Sunday, June 11
14. North Carolina Brass Band and Big Bang Boom | Kernersville
The 28-member North Carolina Brass Band, under the direction of Brian Meixner, will perform with opening act Big Bang Boom.
15. Half-Price Sunday at the Greensboro Children’s Museum
Enjoy all the fun for half the cost. All ages.