15 Things to Do This Weekend in the Triad (Feb. 10-12)
1. Daddy and Daughter Valentine’s Dance | Winston-Salem
Pizza dinner, craft, cookie decorating, story time and dancing.
2. Jimmy: The Story of James Dean | Danbury
Part of the Stokes County Arts Council's Winter Dessert Series. Desserts are available one hour before production.
3. The Music of Michael Jackson | Winston-Salem
The Winston-Salem Symphony, joined by the Jeans ’n Classics Band, presents an evening honoring the life and music of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
4. Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey presents Circus XTREME | Greensboro
It’s the last chance to see the Greatest Show on Earth in Greensboro.
5. The Miracle Worker | Winston-Salem
The story of Helen Keller, who lost her sight and hearing at 19 months, and the extraordinary teacher who taught her to communicate with the world, Annie Sullivan.
Photo courtesy of Twin City Stage
6. The Syringa Tree | Greensboro
A story of an abiding love between two families, one black, one white, and the two children born into their shared household in early 1960’s South Africa.
7. Valentine Card Making | Winston-Salem
Make valentines for your loves in ones in the Art Studio.
8. Blacksmith Demonstration | High Point
Watch a costumed blacksmith in action as he crafts various iron pieces.
9. ReptiDay | Winston-Salem
Learn more about reptiles and exotic animals at live seminars and demonstrations.
10. 2nd Saturdays at SECCA | Winston-Salem
Bring your families and make art inspired by current exhibitions.
11. Daddy Daughter Sweetheart Dance | Greensboro
Semi-formal event will include an evening of dancing, refreshments, drinks, and a photo of the couple.
12. Parents’ Night Out | Winston-Salem
Enjoy a Valentine’s date night. Kids (ages 4-11) will receive a pizza dinner, museum exploration time and an age-appropriate movie.
13. Anti-Valentine’s Day Party for Teens | Greensboro
Join us for an afternoon of Anti-Valentine's Day celebration with design your own Love Bites! cookies and Heart Breaker treats. Craft a horribly cute voodoo doll pin cushion or Grumpy Cat pin to wear.
14. Valentine’s Day Dance | Greensboro
The Greensboro Big Band performs at its annual “Sweet Sounds” Valentine’s Day dance and concert.
15. Sundays Unplugged at the Greensboro Children’s Museum
Every Sunday in February, each adult that turns in their phone to the front desk staff while visiting will receive one free adult admission.
For even more weekend events, visit our comprehensive online calendar.