14 Things to Do This Weekend in the Triad (March 10-12)
Photo courtesy of Garden Bros Circus
Friday, March 10
1. $4 Fun Friday Night at the Greensboro Children’s Museum
Enjoy $4 admission per person after 5 p.m.
2. Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s Mary Poppins | Burlington
Alamance Children’s Theatre production.
3. LEGO Labs | Winston-Salem
Come on out and build with Legos. All children are welcome. Duplo Legos provided for small children.
Saturday, March 11
4. Fire Ecology Hike | Pinnacle
Meet with a Pilot Mountain State Park ranger at the TRACK Trail/Sassafras Trail.
5. Brain Power Day | Winston-Salem
Enjoy engaging, hands-on activities geared toward teaching your child (and you!) all about our amazing brains!
6. 2nd Saturdays at SECCA | Winston-Salem
Free, family-oriented event on the second Saturday of every month. You’re invited to bring your families and make art inspired by our current exhibitions.
7. Sweet Smelling Makerspace | Greensboro
Create a signature body splash scent and whip up aromatic bath salts at this odor-ific program.
8. Upcycled Makerspace | Greensboro
We'll create unique items from things you might otherwise throw away or recycle.
9. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs | Greensboro
Enjoy a family-friendly film in the children’s programming room.
10. Family Cooking Class: Pizza Party | Greensboro
For ages 5 and up with a caregiver. Put a new spin on pizza with pizza pinwheels. We’ll learn to make dough from scratch and customize our pizza creations with a variety of toppings.
11. Garden Bros Circus | Winston-Salem
Motorcycle daredevils in the Globe of Death, animals, Chinese acrobats, human slingshot, food and face painting in the Kids Fun Zone one hour before the show.
Sunday, March 12
12. Ivy Bluffs Winter Bird Hike | Pinnacle
Meet with a Pilot Mountain Park ranger at the end of Shoals road in the Yadkin River Section, hike along the Yadkin River to find some winter migrants.
13. Animal Adaptations | Danbury
Join a park ranger for a short hike and a program on animals in and around Hanging Rock State Park.
14. Teen Tech Afternoon | Greensboro
Use our hands-on gadgets, widgets and gizmos to learn about technology.