13 Things to Do This Memorial Day Weekend in the Triad (May 26-29)
Photo by Natalia Kirichenko/Shutterstock
Here’s our weekly roundup of fun things to do in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point and surrounding towns in the Piedmont Triad. Want family-friendly weekend events delivered to your inbox? Subscribe to our Weekend Planner.
Friday, May 26
1. Toddler Time | High Point
Toddlers taking this class develop their social skills while interacting with others through gym games and movement. Social skills are incorporated with age-appropriate, self-guided crafts with assistance of a parent/guardian.
2. Laser Beatles | Greensboro
Spectacular laser light show featuring some of the band’s most famous tracks in the Greensboro Science Center’s OmniSphere Theater.
3. Fly Away Fridays Movie Night By PTI, The Legend of Tarzan | Greensboro.
Bring a blanket or chair, and come early to grab a bite to eat and drink
Saturday, May 27
4. Mayo River State Park Family Fishing Day | Mayodan
Kids fishing derby for ages 17 and under.
5. Körner’s Folly Family Revue Puppet Show | Kernersville
Puppet show is followed by a make-and-take sock puppet craft.
6. Kid’s Klub in the Park | Greensboro
Art classes, young yogi fitness classes, playtime, story time and more.
7. Half-Pint Harmonies in the Park | Greensboro
Sing, dance and play.
8. Pinocchio | Greensboro
Enjoy a family-friendly film.
Sunday, May 28
9. Jomeokee Hike | Pinnacle
Meet with a park ranger at the Summit Area of Pilot Mountain State Park.
10. Sunday Jazz Picnic | Greensboro
Enjoy free live music and lawn games.
Monday, May 29 | Memorial Day
11. Memorial Day Ceremony | Kernersville
Color guards, special music, the laying of the wreath, taps and other patriotic activities.
12. Community Day at the Pool | Kernersville
Come enjoy a free day in the sun and celebrate summer with family and friends at the season opening of the outdoor pools at the YMCA.
13. Walk & Roll Winston-Salem
Bike, walk or skate, live music, food trucks, bike rodeo and more.