12 Things to Do This Weekend in the Triad (March 3-5)
Photo courtesy of Kaleideum North
Friday, March 3
1. Tween Cooking Class: Challah Bread | Greensboro
For ages 9-11. Learn to make this delicious and festive bread. We’ll prepare the dough together, and each participant will braid and bake a mini loaf.
2. Gallery Hop | Winston-Salem
Join us in the Downtown Art District the first Friday of every month for the DADA First Friday Gallery Hop with shops, studios and galleries open extended hours.
3. Family Friday Night at the Greensboro Children’s Museum
Visitors enjoy discounted admission price to the museum after 5 p.m.
Saturday, March 4
4. Build a Rain Gauge | Winston-Salem
Hands-on workshop where you and your child can build a rain gauge house, so you and your budding scientist can measure the rain dropped by spring storms.
5. Chocolate-Dipped History at Old Salem | Winston-Salem
Be a part of Chocolate-Dipped History and explore how chocolate is made, sample, make (and taste) historic chocolate treats, tea, coffee and more.
6. Piedmont Loop Trail Hike | Browns Summit
Join a park ranger for a leisurely hike along the 1.42-mile Piedmont Loop Trail at Haw River State Park.
7. Storytime at the Park | Kernersville
We'll read stories, sing songs, dance around and color pictures together! For ages 8 and under.
8. Crafts & Conversation at Kid’s Klub | Greensboro
Sit back and relax while we entertain your child with a variety of fun crafts and treats. Informal chat about fostering optimal development in early to late childhood.
9. Winter Walkabout: Cedarock Park | Burlington
Come for a journey through the woods to satisfy your need to get out and explore the trail at Cedarock Park.
10. Hike to Tory’s Den | Danbury
Join a Hanging Rock State Park ranger at the Tory’s Den parking lot for a short (0.3 mi) hike to the cave. We will discuss how the area was used during the American Revolution and learn a bit of interesting local history.
11. Triad Stage Presents ‘Having Our Say’ | Winston-Salem
Bound together by more than 100 years of life, love and laughter, the Delaney sisters’ stories reflect an American century.
Sunday, March 5
12. Sci-Fi Sunday | Winston-Salem
Celebrate space exploration and science fiction! Learn about recent NASA expeditions, enjoy space-themed crafts and demonstrations, and meet Star Wars characters from the 501st Legion! Costumes encouraged.