Fun for the Kids During the Super Bowl
Photo by Billion Photos/Shutterstock
Super Bowl parties are a tradition for football fans, but celebrating this championship game isn’t just for adults. Here are a few ideas to make the day fun for the kids, too.
Make it a Party
Whether you are planning to watch the Super Bowl with immediate family or a large group of friends, kids will love a party atmosphere.
- Buy football-themed party supplies: cups, plates, napkins and decorations.
- Buy a green paper table cloth for the kitchen or dining-room table and let the kids decorate it with markers, crayons or washable paint to make it look like a football field. You can use white tape to create yard lines.
Super Bowl = Super Good Food
While the adults are eating typical football fare (wings, pizza and chili), make sure you also have plenty of your kids’ favorite snacks (Goldfish, veggie and fruit tray, yogurt, popcorn, etc.)
And what is a party without cake and yummy desserts? Buy football-themed cookies, cake or cupcakes. If you are feeling ambitious, bake the items and let the kids help you decorate them with icing.
Football Arts, Crafts & Fun
If you have young kids with no interest in watching the big game, you will need activities to keep them occupied.
- Set up a crafts table for the kids to make Super Bowl-themed collages. Give them magazines and child-friendly scissors and let them cut out pictures that include the team colors of the team everyone is rooting for. Next, have the kids glue the cutouts on poster board or construction paper. During a commercial or after the game, the kids can proudly show off their creations with an art show.
- Find football-themed coloring pages online and let the kids color.
- Find football-themed word searches or crossword puzzles online and let the kids compete to see who can finish first.
- Set up a game room for the kids with tables and let the kids play board games, solve jigsaw puzzles, etc.
- Have the kids work together (in another room) to come up with a touchdown cheer and dance or half-time show. After their rehearsal, let them perform for the adults during a lull in the game.
With a little advance planning, your Super Bowl party can be enjoyed by all ages!