Ideas for Commemorating the Presidential Inauguration With Your Kids
Image courtesy of Romantitov/Shutterstock.com
President-elect Donald Trump will officially be sworn in as the United States' 45th president at noon on Friday, Jan. 20, 2017, on the west front of the United States Capitol, during the 58th Presidential Inauguration ceremony, where he will take an official oath to "faithfully execute the office of president of the United States." Opening remarks begin at 11:30 a.m.
If you're interested in finding ways to honor the occasion with your kids, or would just like to educate them about the importance of the ceremony, here are some websites offering kid-approved inauguration information and fun.
- Official Inauguration Website: This site offers photos, a schedule of events and facts about the swearing in on Jan. 20 and inauguration parade that follows.
- "Our White House" Inauguration Celebration Kit for Kids: This downloadable PDF created by the National Children's Book and Literacy Alliance helps engage kids in informed discussions about the presidency and American government.
- Kids.gov Inauguration: This website offers age-specific information and activities, including a quiz to test kids' knowledge of inauguration facts.
- Kids' Presidents' Day Activities on Pinterest: This collection of crafts, games and more is perfect for coming up with Inauguration Day or Presidents Day activities for the kids.
- Kid-Friendly D.C. Ideas for Celebrating the Inauguration: If you happen to be in Washington D.C. for the inauguration this weekend, this site offers a list of local museums, attractions and historical sites that celebrate U.S. presidents.
Know of any other inauguration websites or activities we can add to this list? Email us and share them!
Photo courtesy of Jennifer Vinciguerra/Shutterstock.com