Batty Pops: A Perfect Halloween Treat
Make this fun — and easy — Halloween treat for parties or trick-or-treaters.
Mrs. Freshley’s Peanut Butter Flavored Swiss Rolls
1 package of chocolate candy bark or candy melts
Large yogurt chips
- Insert one Popsicle stick in each of the peanut butter Swiss Rolls and place them in the freezer to harden.
- Draw a stencil of the wing shape on a piece of wax paper; be sure to make the wings wide enough to accommodate the Swiss Roll.
- Melt a portion of the chocolate candy bark or melts and pour the mixture into a piping back with a small tip.
- Pipe out the outline of the bat wings. In the center of the wings, pipe a chocolate rectangle approximately the size of the Swiss Roll.
- Place the Swiss Roll on the chocolate rectangle and put it in the freezer to harden for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the bats from the freezer and use a little chocolate to place the large yogurt chips on the bat for eyes. Put the pointed side of the chip into the Swiss Rolls. Use a toothpick and chocolate candy bark to apply pupils on the flat side of the yogurt chips to finish the eyes.
- Use the chocolate candy bark mixture to pipe the mouth and fangs.
- Allow the Batty Pops to set before you serve them.